Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Reading Rainbow

Remember the good old days? The days when we would sit down with the remote control, to search for cartoons? Until one day the lucky few of us would run into Reading Rainbow. I loved this show. One of the most memorable ones I can remember is the episode reading of Where The Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak. There was another episode about a little Chinese girl who had a kite, which turned into a dragon... now that was COOL! Alas, every time I go to see children's books at the bookstore to sit down and think of the good times, I cannot help but think about how much I enjoyed this show, and introduced me to imagine for the first time.

Books to me felt like they were magical. To this day I have the habit of reading a book, because I feel like it tells me some kind of secret to life. Even though children's stories can seem childish, without them we would never become adults.

Reading Rainbow Theme.


Gift of the Sacred Dog by Paul Goble.


Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema.

No comments: