Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's Time You Break Free

The Secret Art of Science by DJ DB. A good album = good songs. Until you repeat the album is when the songs transform into greatness and lets you make the move to appreciate it better. The songs posted are one of my faves. It is the most relaxing drum & bass music wanting to be heard for all ages. Where many DJ's were putting together hard sounds, DJ DB put together an ensemble of relaxing music, which was quite odd for its time in 2001.

I remember when I first got this CD from a friend in highschool. I had a group of friends who were into music, almost listening to it religiously. They could've formed a club if they wanted to, and it was almost like a Dead Poet Society. Their belief was to appreciate really good music, and take in the most of the song. They would turn off the lights, and leave the music on with all of us sitting and listening. That became a habit later on in life. When I hear a song that is meaningful to me, I repeat it more than a gazillion times to maybe get into the mind of the author, and take in every millisecond of the sound. It's crazy, but that just means that I truly appreciate the music. I recall the amazement when I saw a huge collection of burned CD's. It was literally hundreds of CD's filled with music which they searched and discovered. Sadly, they were into drugs though, and I never cared much for that.

This CD was used for one of those good times we would all hang out together. The CD itself had a baby face on its cover, which I think was the original cover, until they changed it. I remember I would call it the "Babyface CD." To this day the album just never gets old. Have fun!

Urban Visions - Pearls
E-Z Rollers - Retro [G.O.D. Mix]
Tango - Spellbound
Jonny L - This Time

1 comment:

manu said...

Is there a chance that you updated the links of the mp3´s?
I´m searching a long time especially for "Spellbound" by "Tango"...

Thanks
Manuel